I don't like the terms "growth-hacker" or "digital marketing ninja." But I do those type of things. I'm a full-stack marketer. Trained in classical brand-building, but I've spent the entirety of my career in the digital media world. That combination of advertising and technology is what excites me, and my unique experience in both areas is what makes me good at what I do.
Also, I'm a normal guy that believes in real conversations with real people, not big agency yadda yadda. In my experience, there is no doubt that small teams create big wins.
I Like to Build Things ... Here's A Sampling
EBTH is an online marketplace for estate & consignment. A company that has received over $84 million in venture capital, and is currently the largest "start-up" in Ohio.
Director of Digital Marketing & Media - Everything But The House
In my time with EBTH I developed a user acquisition plan from the ground up, helping the company double in revenue within 12 months, and secure a Series C worth $41.5 Million.
- In my first 6 months with EBTH, our team increased monthly website sessions by 2.3X.
- Within 12 months, monthly e-commerce revenue doubled (1.95X to be exact).
- Users in Database 2.6X'd in one year, reaching our stretch goal
- On the seller side of the marketplace, our team 5X'd the number of inbound marketing leads Every Month.
- While the quantity of leads 5X’d, cost per lead decreased exponentially, to 24% of starting CPL.
- I also led a reinvention of the go-to-market strategy for the seller side of the EBTH marketplace, with a traditional media approach much different than the tactics used to grow the buyer side of the marketplace.
- Built a strong digital team that allowed EBTH to bring all digital functions in-house, improving efficiency and brand control, while also cutting agency fees considerably.
- Set the foundation for a world-class marketing stack. From acquisition through personalized engagement messaging, with endless opportunity to make use of extensive 1st-party data.
Twyla offers a unique online art buying experience. A company that has received over $19 Million in funding and growing.
Director of Customer Acquisition & Media - Twyla
I currently work with Twyla, where we are changing the way art is purchased. Twyla is a Google Ventures funded company.
- E-commerce revenue is already growing month over month ... more to come.
Side Projects & Clients
United Faith Mortgage
We partnered with P48 Marketing, a traditional media agency, to deliver a cross-channel acquisition campaign for a quickly growing national mortgage brand. The integrated campaign consisted of broadcast, search marketing, social media advertising, display retargeting & content creation. Our team handled all digital aspects of the campaign.
- Began as a 3 market test; quickly expanded to 9 markets due to success.
- Overall lead volume increased by 5X versus prior agency, with a lower media investment.
- Efficiency is king. Cost/lead came in under $50/lead. Original goal was $200/lead.
- Client had to double sales staff within 3 months of campaign launch. For real.
Bush Truck Leasing & Bush Specialty Vehicles
Bush is a Cincinnati company that provides fleet solutions, from leasing to maintenance and everything in between. I worked with Bush to increase lead volume through SEM for delivery truck leasing, and refrigerated vehicle sales.
- In 6 months, Increased lead volume on refrigerated vehicles by 3.2X
- Decreased CPC by 45% for highly competitive delivery truck business
- Decreased Cost/Lead by 62% for delivery truck business.
- In the end, our team provided a scalable ROAS (return on ad spend) = 5.8X ... and significant profit to the bottom line.
Many more ... but you get the point
Past Roles & Experience
Digital Marketing Lead - Cincom Systems
Cincom Systems is a global enterprise software company, in business since 1968.
- In just over a year, my team filled a pipeline to $20 million in recurring revenue for our fastest-growing product, Cincom CPQ.
- We increased inbound opportunities from 5-10 monthly to 90+ monthly. 10X+ growth in demand generation, with minimal acquisition budget.
- Majority of the growth was through SEO, content & email campaign initiatives.
- Led a project that condensed 23 international websites to 4 websites globally, reducing operational costs and improving international SEO and as a result, increasing organic search volume globally.
- Promoted from an analyst/strategist role to a senior manager role in 6 months.